ZyCast® Technology, Inc., a leading design and engineering company in video distribution solutions, announced its worldwide release of the new HDGB-8604, an eight-channel HD encoder / modulator with simultaneous QAM and IP streams for AV over IP.
The HDGB-8604 “encodulator,” as ZyCast calls it, is a game-changer for the industry, according to LC Chang, CEO.
“The 8604 can output 8 streams in either MPEG-2 or MPEG-4/H.264, so integrators can tailor each channel to best fit the application. Our units offer both options,” continues Chang, “which allows for lower bandwidth utilization while still providing the highest quality of video resolutions for the most demanding applications.”
The HDGB-8604 encoder / modulator features:
- 8-inputs (HDMI, Component/Composite via DIN cable)
- Simultaneous outputs: 4 QAM / 8 IP streams / 1 ASI output (MPTS)
- MPEG2 or H.264 Video (selectable) output on each encoder
- Resolutions up to 1080p/i
- 8 Individual IP Streams with Enable / Disable Control (UDP/RTP Multicast/Unicast)
- Compact 1RU design for high density installations
- Simple GUI setup and control
- MPEG-1 Layer II, AAC, Dolby AC-3 Audio
- +45dBmV output
- > +40dB MER
- 3 Virtual Channel Numbering modes
- Closed Captioning support
“Our customers asked for a high quality, cost-effective HD Encoder with an IP solution that could be deployed easily,” states Chang. “The 8604 ‘encodulator’ is simple to set up with our user interface – it’s so intuitive, anyone can quickly have HD content streaming over the network within minutes.
The combination of output selections means the end-user can easily distribute broadcast quality HD video in minutes, and over any network – coax (RF), IP, or ASI.
ZyCast, which has been designing and manufacturing products for other video brands for the last 15 years, has products installed in thousands of facilities world-wide; but the HDGB-8604 will launch under the ZyCast brand. “Our U.S. and international customers in the Commercial, Hospitality, Digital Signage, and Educational space have given us high marks for delivering the IP streaming solution they desired.” Chang adds, “We’ve raised the bar by providing the highest quality HD QAM and IP solutions at the most competitive prices in the industry. With such a great product, of course we want to put our name on it!”